With snoring and sleep apnea, every patient is different! FDA approved for the treatment of both snoring and mild obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), the EMA® appliance has been specifically designed to provide a customized, effective solution for every patient situation.
Patented elastic straps are designed to provide unsurpassed lateral freedom and overall TMJ comfort. The straps gently bring the mandible forward into a desired position, while providing forward movement of the tongue, and opening the airway. Available in wide range of lengths and durometers, the “Elastic Pull” is easily changed and adjusted by changing straps for optimal results.
EMA®’s thin (only 2 mm), clear upper and lower bases are custom pressure-formed from each patient. Fitting like a retainer, they utilize undercut areas of teeth for retention. Full occlusal coverage on both arches ensures excellent long-term stability without the worry of tooth movement. EMA® appliances have no projections in the palate ensuring maximum anterior tongue space.
* NOTE: Patients diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea require a sleep study with this appliance, so the referring physician knows that the apnea has been reduced to a safe range.
- Effective, non-invasive treatment for snoring and mild OSA*!
- Specially designed, patented elastic straps provide unsurpassed lateral freedom and overall TMJ comfort
- Gently bring the mandible forward into desired position (causes forward movement of tongue, opening airway)
- Thin (2 mm), clear upper and lower bases custom pressure-formed from each patient’s models
- Fits like a retainer! Utilize undercut areas of teeth for retention
- Full occlusal coverage on both arches ensures excellent long-term stability (without tooth movement)